Flex Your Accounting Knowledge and Win a Share of RM10,000 Total Cash Prizes at Taylor’s International Accounting Day Festival This November 2022
Connect with top industry leaders and put what you learn to practice with Taylor’s inter-school accounting competition at the TIAD Festival. You’ll even get a chance to win RM5,000!
Published 20 Sep 2022
Passionate about numbers, accounting and business? Want to test your skills in accounting? Now's your chance! Stand a chance to win cash prizes when you join Taylor’s International Accounting Day (TIAD) Festival 2022 this November 2022!
In conjunction with the TIAD Festival, Taylor’s College is hosting an inter-school accounting competition for all secondary school students. This is your chance to connect with your peers, learn to apply your skills to solve real-world issues and, if you make it to the semi-final, visit the famous Taylor’s Lakeside Campus to see the greatness for yourself.
And that’s not all. There's a total of RM10,000 worth of cash prizes* up for grabs! All you need to do is flex your skills.
Interested? Read on for more information.
When and where?
- Registration close: 29 September 2022
- Preliminary (online): 10 – 12 October 2022
- Semi-final and grand final at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus: 10 November 2022
Venue: Online and on-campus at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus
Why should you join?
The competition is a good opportunity for you to:
- Put what you’ve learnt in accounting to practice by applying your skills to solve real world business problems
- Network with industry professionals to help you in your accounting journey
- Connect with peers from other schools as you build your own network of contacts and connections
- Learn more about the international world of accounting and what you can expect from it
- Take a tour of Taylor’s Lakeside Campus when you move to the semi-final
- Stand a chance to win up to RM10,000 in cash prizes* and get a Certificate of Achievement when you win the competition
What you should know
If you’re interested in joining, here are a couple of things you should know:
- The competition is open to all Malaysian and non-Malaysian students currently in Form 5, Form 6, UEC and IGCSE year 11 students at all secondary schools. This includes students from independent Chinese high schools who are currently pursuing their Senior Middle 2 or Senior Middle 3 but have yet to sit for their SPM.
- Each team must comprise 5 students from the same school. While there is no limit to the amount of teams one school can send, each school may only register a maximum of 2 teams per teacher advisor and all teams must come with a teacher advisor.
- Registration is free for all participants but it must be submitted by 29 September 2022. All late registrations will not be entertained.
How the competition will look like
Preliminary Round: 10-12 October (online)
- Participants must complete a 50-question quiz online using TIMeS, Taylor’s Integrated Moodle e-Learning System. 20 teams will be selected to progress to the semi-final and will be notified via email on 14 October.
Semi-final Round: 10 November (Taylor’s Lakeside Campus)
- All semi-finalists will be assigned a case study on 14 October ahead of the semi-final. Participants will be required to give a 10-minute presentation about the case study during the day of competition at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus. 5 teams will then be selected to progress to the Grand Final.
Grand Final Round: 10 November (Taylor’s Lakeside Campus)
- For the Grand Final, teams will be given a new case study and 45 minutes to solve the problem presented. They will then give a 10-minute presentation on their solution.
It’s not an opportunity you’ll get every day. Flex your knowledge and gain a world of experience at the TIAD Festival when you join Taylor’s inter-school accounting competition. Registration closes on 29 September 2022 so make sure to register soon!