International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarships in Malaysia
1) What is International Baccalaureate (IB)?
International Baccalaureate (IB) programme is one of the most challenging Pre-University course out there. It is 24 months long and requires you to take a wide range of subjects across various disciplines.
Contrary to other Pre-University programmes, IB is viewed as more balanced and well-rounded. You will be graded on a combination of internal assessments and final exams.
Besides that, IB programme is known to promote critical and independent thinking in students. It is also well recognised by many universities worldwide.
2) What You Need To Know About IB Scholarships
- IB scholarships are not commonly offered by private companies
- Most scholarships are merit-based which don’t require interviews
- Most scholarships are offered by institutions offering the IB programme
3) List of Institutions & Scholarships for IB
Here is a comprehensive list of all the available IB scholarships offered by institutions, companies, GLCs and associations in Malaysia, and how you can apply for them.
IB scholarships usually close after SPM results are released and they require the actual results in order to be awarded the scholarship.
|Name of Scholarship||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|Fairview IBDP Scholarship||- Merit scholarship with no interview required||Always Open|
|Taylor’s College Merit Scholarship||- Minimum of 3As at SPM|
- Up to 70% tuition fee waiver
- Merit scholarship with no interview required