The transition from secondary school to college can be challenging with a shift in learning environment and an increase in academic workload. And if you’re not ready for this change, it could affect your grades.
To help you get your footing right, Taylor’s College is introducing the Start It Right (SIR) programme. Under this programme, you will be equipped with valuable fundamental skills such as logical reasoning skills, effective oral communication competencies and coping strategies to prepare you for your pre-university journey.
Interested? Read on to learn more.
What you need to know
The SIR programme is a preparatory programme that’s aimed to ease your transition from school to college and prepare you for your study. It does so by providing you with the essential knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to help you survive your pre-university journey.
This includes learning:
- Key programme-related concepts
- Logical reasoning and argumentative skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Self-regulation and coping strategies for pre-university
- Essential skills and strategies for academic success
The programme is great for students looking for a headstart in their college journey. Not only does it teach you the crucial basics, it also starts earlier in July 2022. This will give you a chance to explore and acclimatise to pre-university life faster. Once you’ve completed the programme, you can then proceed to study your core subjects in August 2022.
What’s more, the programme is completely free. All you need to do is register for one of the eligible programmes, pay your first semester fees and you’re all set!
Here’s a more detailed look at the SIR programme.
Programme period: 4 July – 5 August 2022
Teaching method: Classes will be conducted face-to-face
- Cambridge A Level
- SACE International
- Foundation in Arts
- Foundation in Business
- Foundation in Science
- Foundation in Computing
- Foundation in Design
- Foundation in Engineering
- Foundation in Natural and Built Environments
Why should you attend?
Still hesitant about joining the programme?
The Taylor’s SIR programme is a must because:
- It can help you prepare yourself for your pre-university journey
- You’ll get to enrol for college earlier which can help you adapt to the college life faster
- It’s a free class which means you’ll get additional guidance and education at no extra cost
So, don’t miss this opportunity! Give future you a headstart and begin your pre-university journey smoothly with Taylor’s Start It Right (SIR) programme.