Have you been harbouring a long-time dream of becoming a doctor? Do you want to get a headstart in preparing for top medical schools in the United Kingdom (UK) during your A-Level?
Here’s how you can do it at Bellerbys College, an international boarding school in the UK.
Their Elite Medics Pathway programme at the Brighton centre is a focused A-Level programme that’s specially designed to prepare high-achieving students for entry into medicine courses at top-ranking universities in the UK, such as the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge. Not only that, the programme guarantees you an interview at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School!
Piqued your interest? Read on!
Why should you apply for the Elite Medics Pathway at Bellerbys College?
The Elite Medics Pathway programme will not only give you the edge to earn a highly coveted spot in a prestigious medicine programme at a variety of acclaimed universities, but you’ll also:
- Solidify your chances of studying medicine in the UK with a guaranteed interview at Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Take part in structured enrichment activities such as introduction to anatomy, taking a patient’s medical history and designing a drug
- Gain practical skills outside the classroom with volunteering and shadowing opportunities
- Get interview practice through mock interviews and multiple mini interviews
- Enjoy support on how to write a great personal statement
- Benefit from one-to-one coaching for the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) and the BioMedical Aptitude Test (BMAT)
- Participate in guided visits to the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and the Brighton and Sussex University Hospital
What you need to know
The Elite Medics Pathway programme is open to students above the age of 15. The course runs for 5 to 6 terms and students will take biology, chemistry and mathematics at A-Level.
The entry requirements for the programme is A* to B in 5 GCSE subjects, including an A or A* in chemistry and an IELTS score of 6.0.
You will also be required to provide a 200-word personal statement explaining why you want to become a doctor and to take part in a Skype interview.
How to apply
The Elite Medics Pathway programme runs in September, January and April. Interested in applying? Leave your details below and our friendly counsellors will be in touch!