Early Childhood Education Scholarships in Malaysia
1) What is Early Childhood Education?
Early Childhood Education (ECE) is the education of infants, toddlers and young children through the development of a child’s cognitive and learning skill, motor skills and social-emotional growth.
ECE degrees are generally 3 years long and usually include a semester of internship or practical training for you to experience hands-on working with children at childcare centres as well as preschools / kindergartens.
Besides that, ECE is suitable for you if you love being around children and you understand the importance of helping young minds develop.
2) What You Need To Know About Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- Scholarships are usually offered by institutions providing the course
- Most are merit-based with no interview required
- Many companies offer scholarships for this course
3) List of Institutions & Scholarships for Early Childhood Education
Here is a comprehensive list of all the available ECE scholarships offered by institutions, companies, GLCs and associations in Malaysia, and how you can apply for them.
Scholarships for ECE provided by institutions are not common due to the low number of course providers in the country. However many private companies are open to providing scholarships for this degree.
|Name of Scholarship||Key Highlights||Deadline|
|Khazanah Global Scholarship Programme||- Open to students have a minimum of 8As in SPM|
- Interview required
- Students will be bonded to the organisation upon graduation
|HELP CEO Scholarship||- Open to students who have actively participated in sports and extracurricular activities||Always Open|
|HELP Distinction Award||- Open to newly enrolled students||Always Open|
|HELP Merit Award||- Open to all students who resume their 2nd/3rd year in HELP||Always Open|
|HELP STEM Scholarship||- Open to students who excel in Math, English and Science subjects|
- Up to RM4,000 tuition fee waiver
|HELP-Chinese Independent Schools Scholarship||- Open to students who sat for UEC in 2015||Always Open|
|Kuok Foundation Berhad Scholarship||- Up to RM27,000 study grant per annum|
- Interview required
|Taylor's University Community Scholarship||- For students who require financial aid|
- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver
|Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship||- Interview required|
- Minimum CGPA 3.50 to apply
|The Star Education Fund 2017||- Must excel in extra-curricular activities|
- Open to students below the age of 25
|Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme||- Open to students who want to pursue their studies at Universiti Teknologi Petronas or overseas|
- Open to students with strong leadership skills and active in extra-curricular activities