Compare Top Diploma in Accounting Courses in Malaysia
Search for the best accounting universities in Malaysia and use our Diploma in Accounting course comparison tool to compare fees and filter by location, intake and specialisation.
There are 20 colleges and universities offering 23 Diploma in Accounting Courses.
FAQs about Studying Diploma in Accounting in Malaysia
Accounting is a systematic process of maintaining financial accounts.
The field of accounting is important because businesses need to have a financial record of how much they make (revenue) and how much they spend (cost and expense). This allows businesses to understand the current health of the company, and make solid decisions about what to do next.
A Diploma in Accounting will teach you the essentials of accounting. You will learn how to record financial transactions, store, sort, retrieve, summarise and present financial information in reports and analyses.
A Diploma in Accounting requires at least 3 credits (C and above) at SPM, O-Level or equivalent, including a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English.
For UEC students, you will need to have minimum of 3Bs including Mathematics, plus a pass in English.
To pursue a Diploma in Accounting, you need to have an SPM qualification or equivalent. You must also meet the minimum entry requirements of the college or university.
A Diploma in Accounting is typically 2 years long.
Upon completing a Diploma in Accounting, you will have several options:
Once you complete a Diploma in Accounting, you can consider the following job options:
- Accounts Executive / Accounts Assistant
- Finance Executive
- Sales Executive
Different students may have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right college or university. Here are some questions to consider when making a decision.
- Is the institution’s Diploma in Accounting accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Does the institution’s Diploma in Accounting give you any exemptions for professional accounting qualifications, such as ACCA?
- Do you understand the fees of the course, and are the costs affordable to you?
- Are you comfortable with the location of the college or university?
- Have you visited the campus, and do you like the campus environment and facilities?
- What support services does the institution have to help you in and beyond college / university?
For more points to ponder, check out these 5 steps to finding the best college for you.
If you’re not sure whether studying a Diploma in Accounting is right for you, here are some articles that may help:
- Your Guide to Studying Accounting in Malaysia
- 5 Practical Tips When Applying for College
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best College Programme (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)